- Brooklyn Center Community Schools
- District Home
How to support the BC community
Updated: Monday, April 19, 2021, 4:20 p.m.
Resource Distribution Center
April 19 - 23 will be our last week to collect and distribute essential items to the community.
- Tuesday, April 20: Open from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. for donations, community members should be in line by noon to ensure they are served before we close at 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 21: Open from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. for donations, community members should be in line by noon to ensure they are served before we close at 1 p.m.
- Thursday, April 22: Open from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. for donations, community members should be in line by noon to ensure they are served before we close at 1 p.m. This is the last day we will accept donations.
- Friday, April 23: Open from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. for pick-up only, community members should be in line by noon to ensure they are served before we close at 1 p.m. This is the last day the RDC will be open but we are working with other community partners to provide essential items and food to the community.
Essential item donations
We are collecting essential item donations at the Resource Distribution Center at the Blue Barn in the parking lot at 6500 Humboldt Ave. N. Items include water, boxed dinners, fresh groceries including produce, milk, and eggs, household cleaning supplies, menstrual products, medical supplies, toiletries, and more. For the most updated needs, please follow our social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. To help get the word out and coordinate, use #FILLUPTHEBARN.
We need support to fill our volunteer shifts. Please click here to sign up for a volunteer shift this week. If you cannot work an entire shift, we ask that you find someone to share the shift with. If you are sharing a shift, only one person should take a timeslot on the sign up form. Thank you for your support!
If you are volunteering please, be sure to park as close to 65th Ave and Dupont Ave as possible (see below image).
If you are unable to physically assist with item donations, we welcome financial donations. BCCS is partnering with the Brooklyn Bridge Alliance and Youthprise, a 501(c)(3) organization that will be able to better serve and direct resources to where they are needed the most. Youthprise’s mission is to increase equity with and for Minnesota’s Indigenous, low income and racial diverse youth.
By establishing this fund, we hope to address the immediate and evolving needs in our community and the ongoing trauma that communities of color continue to experience. Donations will be used to support:
- Items needed in response to the crisis, such as gas money, clothes, childcare, safe housing, medical supplies and other accommodations;
- Youth enrichment activities centered around healing and action, and
- Addressing systemic racism using youth centered approaches.
For anyone who would like to make a financial contribution, please donate directly to Youthprise. Click here to donate to Youthprise.
- Please select the Brooklyns Response & Recovery Fund for Youth in the drop down menu to provide further support to our students and community and continue to build on the resources you have so generously donated.
You can also donate to:
- Direct support to the Mother of Daunte Wright Jr. coordinated by Holistic Heaux
- Daunte Wright Sr. Memorial fund
- Brooklyn Center Mutual Aid - support our community
- ACER is coordinating a Mutual aid fundraiser for small businesses impacted by the recent social unrest in Brooklyn Center and Brooklyn Park
We are grateful for the outpouring of support we have received for our BC families and community. Thank you for standing front and center for the people of Brooklyn Center!