Supports available to our community – Monday, April 12
11 a.m., Monday, April 12
We know many of our students and families are in crisis right now and we want to be able to offer services and supports. Please review the following details that are available to the community today, Monday, April 12:
- Meals. Community members can access meals in the following ways:
- Onsite at the Blue Barn on the Brooklyn Center Middle and High School campus. Meals will be available on a first come, first serve basis until we run out, starting at 12:45 p.m. today. Local restaurants and businesses are offering meals at the Blue Barn for the community. Please enter the parking lot off of Dupont Ave and drive-up to receive a meal or walk up and ask for a meal. Signage will be posted to direct community members.
- Meal pick-up site at Patrick Henry High School in Minneapolis, 4320 N Newton Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55412. Minneapolis Public Schools has made meals available for pick-up to BC families at Patrick Henry High School until 2 p.m. today.
- Supports with BCCS staff. Social workers, counselors and other district staff members will be available to meet and/or talk in the following ways:
- Resource and Support Line: Community members can call or text 763-200-1201 to reach a district staff member or leave a message requesting a follow up call.
- Staff members will also be available in a Zoom session today until 3 p.m. Click here to enter the Zoom session.
- Donated items. Items are currently being collected for the community to access at the Blue Barn located in the staff parking lot of the high school at 6500 Humboldt.
- Food, water, medical supplies, feminine hygiene products and other essential items are available to collect until 5 p.m. today at the Blue Barn. If you are donating, please drop items off just outside the Blue Barn door, along the wall. If you are in need of an essential item, please see the staff at the Blue Barn door for information and instructions.
If you have any questions, please call or text our Resource and Support Line at 763-200-1201. We will be sharing another update before the end of the day today with more information for families.