Start and End Times at EBE
In the new schedule, the student school day begins at 7:45 a.m. for students in grades PreK-5 at Earle Brown Elementary STEAM. The school day ends at 2:05 p.m. for grades K-5. Pre-K students end their school day at 1:45 p.m.
Below is a list of reasons why we felt it was important to make a change:
- Shortened school day. Students are currently in school for seven hours. The school day will be shortened to six hours and 20 minutes.
- Hot breakfast. The staggered bus drop, at 7:15 and 7:30 a.m., allows for students to have a hot breakfast in the cafeteria. Currently, students eat a pre-packaged breakfast in their classrooms.
- Evening meal. We will offer an evening meal to all students who participate in before-and after-school programs.
- Teacher collaboration. Staff have provided feedback that they would prefer time to collaborate outside of the school day. With the new schedule, staff would be able to meet before school starts.
- STEP 21 program. Currently, the STEP targeted services program is offered before and after school. With the new schedule, STEP 21 will be offered in a larger block of time at the end of the school day, from 2:15-4:30 p.m., at no cost to families.
Please see the below table for programming specific to EBE and Pre-K.