The Transportation Department, in partnership with First Student, is committed to providing transportation for students in a safe and efficient manner so that students arrive at school prepared and ready to learn.
Forms & Links
Policy 709 Student Transportation Safety Policy
Policy 710 Extracurricular Transportation
Policy 711 Video Recording on School Buses
District Transportation Office
Ph: (763) 272 - 4856
Please note: The Transportation Department no longer has a FAX number. Please scan and email forms to email@example.com. Thank you!
Eligibility for Transportation
To check for eligibility please Click here
PreK & Kindergarten Busing Information
It is district policy that a student's parent or guardian meet the bus at the drop off location for all Pre-K and Kindergarten age students. If a parent or guardian is not at the bus stop to receive his or her student, the student will be returned to Brooklyn Center Elementary School.
|First Student||10-19||OPTION 1|
|Lake Country||30-39+ & 300's||OPTION 3|
|Lake City||400's||OPTION 4|
|MTN||50-59 & 500's||OPTION 5|
After-School Activity Bus
Brooklyn Center Community Schools runs two tiers of After-School Activity Routes.
- Routes will depart from the Elementary School at 4:30 p.m.
- Routes will depart from the Secondary School at 6:00 p.m.
The routes do not stop at individual homes.
In order to ride the after-school activity routes, students must be attending an after-school activity and must receive a bus pass from their advisor/coach. The bus pass must be given to the driver prior to loading the bus in order to receive a ride home.
- When will I learn the location of my student’s bus stop?
- How do I receive busing for my student if I’m new to the School District?
- Will bus stops be added during the first two weeks of the school year?
- If my student open enrolls from the Minneapolis or Robbinsdale School Districts to the Brooklyn Center Community Schools School District, does he/she receive transportation?
- If we have a change of address, how do we get busing set up at our new address for our students?
- If we have an alternate address such as a daycare, how do we get busing set up?
- Are we able to have our students picked up and dropped off at different locations?
- The bus drives right by my house. Why can’t it stop at my house?
- I operate a home daycare and need the bus to stop there because the state requires me to see the children at all times. Can this be set up?
- What time should my student arrive at the bus stop?
- Can the bus come back if my student misses the bus?
- What is good practice for students riding the bus for the first time?