Enroll at Brooklyn Center Elementary School!
Our staff is dedicated to developing our youngest learners into global citizens. Our teachers are constantly growing their skill set so they can best meet each student’s needs. We’re not only committed to our students, we’re committed to ourselves and our need to learn. The needs of a child are continuously changing so we need to be continuously evolving.
What can you expect as a member of the Brooklyn Center Elementary STEAM family?
Our culture is changing to become a transparent and accessible community where staff and families have a seat at the table. We clearly communicate the expectations of our students and families so we can partner in each student’s unique learning journey. When we partner together, we can find success for each child in our community, during and beyond their time at Brooklyn Center Elementary STEAM. We celebrate the positives of our family and look to adapt when we aren’t meeting expectations.
Welcome to Brooklyn Center Community Schools
Brooklyn Center Community Schools is a small suburban district located on the northwest border of Minneapolis. We pride ourselves in providing excellent academic programs to a diverse student population from preschool through graduation. Brooklyn Center Community Schools is known for their caring community feel in each school and for celebrating the diversity of our students. We are preparing students in a changing community for a changing world. Using our strategic plan as a road-map, we ensure students are academically and socially prepared to excel in a changing world. One of our greatest strengths to achieve our goals is the diversity of our students.
What makes us special?
- The Community Schools model ensures students succeed in school and in life
- School-based Health Resource Center
- Resources for families at each of our buildings
- All day and part day preschool classes to ensure students are ready for kindergarten success
- PreK-grade 3 special focus on literacy skills
- Over 100 active partnerships that support learning
- Continuum of special services to supplement academic and social skill development
To equip every student with the knowledge, life skills, and global perspectives to contribute to society and respond to the needs of an ever-changing world.
We are Minnesota’s first full service community school district. Community Schools integrate education, enrichment, wellness, and support to ensure that:
- Children enter school ready to learn
- Students succeed academically
- Students are actively involved in learning and the community
- Students are healthy physically, socially and emotionally Our integrated focus on academics, health and social services, youth development, and community and family engagement leads to improved student learning, stronger families and healthier communities.
STEAM Magnet Program
Every student in our district receives STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and math) education through a magnet program model. We implemented Project Lead the Way curriculum beginning in the 2017-2018 school year. Starting in kindergarten, students learn how to code. High school students have experiences in the biomedical field, including how to analyze a crime scene. STEAM education incorporates the “A” for the arts – recognizing that to be successful in technical fields, individuals must also be creative and use critical thinking skills which are best developed through exposure to the arts.
Please contact our enrollment coordinator Jody Rossi at 763-561-2120 x2550 to begin the enrollment process. To complete your enrollment application, please bring a birth certificate, immunization record and proof of residency.
We look forward to your family joining #CentaurNation!
6500 Humboldt Ave. N
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
*Starting December 17, our Enrollment Center will be located at the
1500 69th Ave N
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
Monday - Thursday
8 a.m. - 4 p.m.