About Brooklyn Center Community Schools
Small district. Big opportunities.
Brooklyn Center Community Schools is a small suburban school district located on the northwest border of Minneapolis. We pride ourselves in providing excellent academic programs to a diverse student population in pre-k through grade 12.
As a Community Schools district, we value our tight-knit community and all that it offers. A full- service community school is both a place and a set of partnerships between the school and other community resources. Our integrated focus on academics, health and social services, youth and community development and community engagement leads to improved student learning, stronger families, and healthier communities. Click here to learn more about the Community Schools model.
Our mission is to equip every student with the knowledge, life-skills, and global perspectives to contribute to society and respond to the needs of an ever-changing world.
We believe that:
- relationships thrive when there is mutual respect and trust.
- honoring each person's intrinsic value enhances our community.
- our diverse community strengthens our collective power.
- caring relationships with high expectations are essential to reaching one's highest potential.
- life-long learning is vital for personal fulfillment, opportunity, and success.
- everyone is responsible and accountable for equity.
- partnerships among students, families, schools, and community benefit all.