Wellness in Brooklyn Center Community Schools
About the Wellness Program in BCCS
Brooklyn Center Community Schools is committed to equip all staff, students and community members with the knowledge to contribute to their lifelong personal wellness, by promoting nutritional habits, physical activity and social-emotional development. We offer a variety of activities and events for staff, students, families and community members to promote and support personal wellness in all dimensions of wellness. Support services including free medical, dental, mental health, and vision resources for youth are also available. Many of the wellness pportunities are supported by the District Wellness Committee and community partnerships.
Wellness Policies and Plans
Brooklyn Center Community Schools has adopted school board policy #533. Brooklyn Center Middle and High Schools STEAM, Earle Brown Elementary STEAM, and Brooklyn Center Early College Academy have also set wellness goals and priorities for their students and staff.
- District Wellness Policy #533, Revised 2018
- Annual Policy Implementation Report, 2019
- Click here to view the wellness action plan for Brooklyn Center Middle and High Schools STEAM
- Click here to view the wellness action plan for Earle Brown Elementary STEAM
- Click here to view the wellness action plan Brooklyn Center Early College Academy