Community Schools Resources

student studying
  • Health Resource Center  

    Brooklyn Center’s Health Resource Center (HRC) offers medical (includes sexual health education), vision, dental, mental health services and assistance with health insurance access, to youth of Brooklyn Center Schools and community. Remolding was funded entirely by partnering contractors and Park Nicollet Foundation. United Way is also a huge supporter of the HRC and it’s operation.

    Children’s Dental Services (CDS) provides a full range of restorative and preventative care. CDS provides care for insured patients and will work with those who are uninsured, on a sliding scale discount program. CDS provides services Mondays and every fourth Friday, call 612-746-1530 for appointments. 

    Park Nicollet provides free medical services on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:30 – 5 p.m. (no appointment needed). Mental Health services are provided by Family Partnerships and North Psychology Clinic, and are available for youth who are insured or uninsured. To schedule an appointment for mental health services, please call 763-561-2120, ext 5100. 

    Click here to learn more about the Health Resource Center.


    Partnerships come in a variety of forms from providing services during the school day to contributing resources onsite for our families/communities to access such as the Health Resource Center for medical type services. The purpose of our partnerships are to help unite communities while eliminating barriers to student success as well as to strengthen our community through engagement.

    Family Resource Rooms

    Provides families and the community with assistance in locating resources, volunteer opportunities, parent education programs/classes, etc. Click here for more information about the Family Resource Rooms. Click here to view the Family Resource Rooms flyer.

    Immigration and refugee services

    BC strives to connect students, families, and the community to resources that will create a self-sufficient life. We do this by partnering with the community to offer resources and services that eliminate barriers. Integration funds help us to connect students with rigorous course work and opportunities to connect with other students while also focusing on the needs to close the education achievement gap. 

    Refugee services are available through partnering collaborations and service councils as well as partners. For those seeking assistance with Spanish interpreting services are also available through school Family Resource Rooms.  

    Brooklyns Response & Recovery Fund

    The Brooklyn Center Response & Recovery Fund is now taking direct aid and grant applications. An advisory committee made up of mostly Brooklyn Center youth has been established to review applications and award funds. Visit the Brooklyn Bridge Alliance for Youth website for more information and to apply.