1500 69th Ave North, Brooklyn CenterCorner of Humboldt & 69th763-561-2481Hours are typically Monday-Friday from 8:30-4:00 PM (subject to change)
The Community Corner is a friendly neighborhood center that provides support and encouragement to families in the community, through resources and referrals, and educational programming.
Community can access computers, fax machine, scanning, copier, and phone. We also provide access to the following:
- Small clothing closet
- Panera bread - Friday mornings
- Onsite Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) & Pre K classes
- Renters Rights & Responsibilities Training - October 6 and December 15. Call 763-561-2481 to register. Space is limited.
- EmpowHer is a free life coaching and support group for moms. The group meets Fridays, 12:30-2 p.m. To learn more or to join, contact Parent Facilitator, Renee Wixon at 763-458-7997
- Hennepin County Multi-Cultural Services are offered Mondays from 9 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Hennepin County staff can assist with needs assessments, health insurance, and to assistance with navigating county systems.
- Toys for Tots location - registration is needed and will start in November. Families must visit the Community Corner to register.
- Family Connection Nights - Every second Thursday of each Month beginning November 8 from 5-7 p.m. Enjoy a meal and monthly topic. Registration is limited so contact the Corner Coordinator to reserve your spot today! Childcare available!
For more information about the Community Corner, contact Corner Coordinator, Kelly at 763-561-2481
ECFE is an early childhood and parent education program for children ages birth to five and their families. We believe that parents are a child’s first and most important teacher, and offer many ways for you to learn together.We do this by providing the following services:
- Classes and Drop-in Playtimes
- Home visits
- Early Childhood Screening
- School Readiness Preschool
An ECFE separating class begins with parents and children playing and exploring in the Early Childhood classroom together with activities planned by a licensed Early Childhood teacher. The children continue to explore the room as the parents move into the Parent Education room. During this time parents ask questions, share parenting issues and discuss a variety of topics with other parents led by a licensed Parent Educator. No family will be denied participation due to inability to pay. New classes will begin in the fall. You can join most classes at anytime.Call Amy at 763-561-4480, x 5001 with questions. Click here to visit the ECFE website.Para información en Español 763-561-4480, x5002