Free and Reduced Meal Applications
Apply now for Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer for the 2021-2022 school year!
A new application must be completed every year to continue benefits.
The United States Department of Agriculture is allowing schools to provide meals for the 2021-2022 school year through a provision of the National School Lunch Program called the Seamless Summer Option (SSO). A waiver has been issued in order to support access to nutritious meals while minimizing potential exposure to COVD-19.
BCCS will provide meals - both breakfast and lunch - free of charge for all students during the 2021-2022 school year. While no application is required to receive this free meal benefit, please complete and return the one-page 2021-2022 application for educational benefits. The application may qualify your child(ren) for additional benefits such as reduced activity and athletic fees or the Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT). Please note, a new application must be completed each year and we follow strict guidelines to protect a student's confidentiality.
Food and Nutrition Clerk
En Español, llame a Stella Sola 763-561-2120 y presione #2010.
Food and Nutrition Services
6500 Humboldt Ave N.
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
Other Educational Benefits
- Xcel Energy Assistance
- Transit Assistance Program
- Emergency Broadband Program (EBB)
- Amazon Prime membership discounts
- YMCA membership discounts
- Minnesota Children's Museum All Play membership
- Science Museum of Minnesota
- The Works Museum
- Minnesota Zoo Free to Explore Program
- Assurance Wireless Lifeline Assistance Program
- Children's Theatre Company ACT Pass Program
- Easy Wireless Lifeline Assistance Program
- Internet Essentials Affordable Internet At Home Program
- Minnesota Historical Society Limited Income Program
- Minnesota Lifeline Discount Program
- Minnesota Power Payment Assistance programs
- Q-Link Wireless Lifeline Program
- SafeLink Free Wireless Program
Our district receives a major part of funding from the state based on the number of children who are eligible for Free or Reduced meals, whether or not those children purchase school meals. Filling out this application benefits all students and all areas of our school district, not only food services.
If your family was approved in the 2020-21 school year, you will need to reapply to ensure no disruption of meal benefits for the 2021-22 school year. Please complete and return your application to the school office by October 20, 2021.
Please fill out the one-page application to apply for free or reduced-price meals and return it to the cafeteria lunch clerk or the school’s main office.
- 2021-2022 Free and Reduced Meal Application – English
- Solicitud de Beneficios Educativos - Año escolar 2021-22
NOTE: If at any time during the school year your family income status changes (e.g. laid-off, furlough, government shutdown, seasonal work) you are encouraged to complete an application for educational benefits. Once approved, they are in place for the remainder of the school year, regardless of income status.