2021-2022 School Year Plans
All students will be onsite for in-person instruction five days a week, similar to our pre-COVID schedules. At this time, BC Online will not be an option for students this year.
Face masks will be required for all students (ages 3 and up), staff and visitors, regardless of vaccination status, while in school buildings, starting on Wednesday, August 11. Face masks are our best mitigation strategy to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our school community, especially for our youngest students who are not yet eligible for the vaccine.
- Face masks are also required on student transportation, per a federal requirement
- Face masks will not be required outdoors
Physical distancing of three feet between students will be encouraged when it doesn’t impede on quality instruction.
- In order to allow for three feet of distancing, we will be limiting large gatherings and reducing capacity. These events and activities will be up to the administrator’s discretion on a case-by-case basis.
Quarantining and contact tracing
When there is a confirmed case of COVID-19, the individual will be placed in quarantine. Our health services team will also conduct contract tracing, however, the definition of a “close contact” has changed since last school year.
- The CDC still considers a “close contact” as those within six feet of distance for at least 15 minutes EXCEPT when the student(s) were wearing masks
- By requiring face masks, we will be able to limit the number of students who will need to quarantine at home when there is an exposure in school
- Specific quarantine lengths will be communicated to families on an individual basis
Vaccinations and testing
COVID-19 vaccinations and testing for COVID-19 are not required by the school district, however, strongly encouraged by the district. We will continue to host onsite vaccine events for community members.