Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program
Under the Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program, if you teach full-time for five complete and consecutive academic years in a low-income school or educational service agency, and meet other qualifications, you may be eligible for student loan forgiveness.
Brooklyn Center Community Schools is classified as a low income school as is listed on the Teacher Cancellation Low Income (TCLI) Directory.
How to Apply
Apply for teacher loan forgiveness by submitting a completed Teacher Loan Forgiveness Application to your loan officer after you have completed the required five consecutive years of qualifying teaching.
The chief administrative officer of the school or educational service agency where you performed your qualifying teaching service must complete the certification section. If you are applying for forgiveness of loans that are with different loan servicers, you must submit a separate form to each of them.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on your Direct Loans after you have made 120 (10 years) qualifying monthly payments under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer.
Use the PSLF Help Tool to help you:
- help you understand more about the PSLF Program and what you need to do to participate and possibly have your loans forgiven.
- help you assess whether your employer qualifies for PSLF.
- help you assess whether your loans qualify for PSLF.
- help you decide which PSLF form to submit.
- generate a partially completed form for you to take to your employer to sign, and then for you to submit to FedLoan Servicing.
- use the information we have about your federal student loans to explain other actions you should or must take if you want to receive PSLF.
Download Paper Forms