Brooklyn Center Community Schools launched a free mobile app that allows users to receive the latest news and information right to their smartphone or tablet. The app also allows families to log in to see information about their students from ParentVue.
The mobile app is a one-stop shop for school news, directory information, notifications, calendars and events, grades, attendance, menus and more. Users can customize the app by selecting which schools' information they want pushed to the app. Families can login to the app to find classes, attendance, and bus information for their students. Users can also choose to receive push notifications from their school and the district.
To download the free mobile app, follow the directions below.
Download and use the Brooklyn Center Community Schools Mobile App
- Visit the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and search for Brooklyn Center Schools and download the free app
- After the app has downloaded, open it and you will be prompted to setup the app
- Your phone may prompt you to allow notifications from the app. These notifications may include breaking news and updates about school closures. You can choose whether you want to allow these notifications or not. While it is your choice, we encourage users to allow notifications to take advantage of all the capabilities of the app.
- Click either “Find by my location” or “Choose from list” to select the schools or programs you wish to follow then click next. You can always change your preferences later if you decide to follow additional schools or programs.
- Click “Finish” on the popup that says “You’re done!”
- Navigate through the app. Below you will find an overview of each icon.
- To edit your settings and follow different schools or programs, click on the “Settings” icon. In settings, click “Follow Schools.” From here, you can select the schools you want to follow and what type of news you want to see. You can choose from district news, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr and Instagram.
Login to the Brooklyn Center Schools app
Users will want to login to the app so it is personalized for their family. Logged-in users can view information from ParentVue for each of their students and edit their delivery preferences. In order to view information from ParentVue, you need to have already created a ParentVue account. Please visit www.bccs286.org/stayconnected for more information about logging in to your ParentVue account.
- Your username and password will be emailed to you periodically throughout the school year. If you would like to receive your username and password or need it reset, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When you receive your username and password, click the “My Family Login” button
- After you’ve logged in, you will see additional icons for your student(s) and yourself
- Click on the icon for yourself to edit your delivery preferences, including push notifications, for emergencies, attendance, lunch balances and more
Mobile App Features
- News: A single news feed for the schools and programs you follow featuring calendar events, news, notification, social media and more.
- Directory: Quickly access contact information for the district and schools, and connect with the press of a button.
- Notifications: View important district and school communication. If you allowed your phone to send push notifications, you may receive alerts, sounds and icon badges.
- My Family Login: Families can view important student information, such as attendance and schedules and edit delivery preferences.
- Calendar: All district and school calendars are available. Add events to your personal calendar by clicking “Add to device calendar.”
- Please note: you might need to allow the app to have access to your calendars. You can enable access in Privacy Settings on an iPhone.
- Menus: View the breakfast and lunch menus at your student’s school through our menu system, Nutrislice
- Settings: Customize your user settings to view the schools and feeds you care about most and translate the app.
- Customize: In settings, click “Follow Schools.” From here, you can select the schools you want to follow and what types of news you want to see. You can choose from district news, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr and Instagram.
- Translate: In settings, click “Select Language.” From here, you can select the language you want the app to translate content into.
If you have questions about the mobile app, please contact the communications department at email@example.com.