About Gifted Services
Gifted & Talented Lead/Teacher
Earle Brown Elementary STEAM
In Brooklyn Center Community Schools, we believe Gifted and Talented students...
- are found in all ages, genders, cultures, races, ethnicities, and socioeconomic backgrounds. They might also qualify for English Language or Special Education services.
- demonstrate high performance or show the potential for high performance when compared to others of their age, experience, or background. They display a high level of divergent, critical, creative, logical and abstract thinking and a strong ability to problem solve and synthesize knowledge.
- have intellectual, pacing, and creative needs that demand experiences apart from, but connected to, the regular classroom. They might have social or emotional needs that require additional support.
- need to be identified using multiple criteria
- are, like all students, diverse in their learning styles, interests, and abilities
Gifted and Talented program goals
- Create a time and place where gifted students can talk to other gifted students
- Create opportunity for academic enrichment and challenge. Gifted does not mean easy. It should also not mean more work.
- Support gifted students emotional and social needs