Community Education Advisory
The purpose of the Advisory Council is to:
- Advise the Director of Community Education on matters that relate to responsible development of programs in the school district;
- Maintain and improve communications between the community and the school district and its programs; and
- Promote the development of healthy, youth and adult programs.
What does the Community Education Advisory Council do?
The Community Education Council makes recommendations on items pertaining to the following areas: We meet 4 times a year for approximately an hour
- Programs, classes, policies, services, and facilities
- Promotes and fosters new programs and coordinates these with existing community programs to avoid unnecessary duplication.
- Provides input anticipating the needs and wants of the community as they relate to community education.
- Serves as liaison between the community and the school district in evaluating community education needs.
- Recommends approval of the annual community education budget and advises on the use of community funds.
- Advocates for continued quality in community education.
What are the qualifications?
- Connected to Brooklyn Center Community Schools 286/community
- Available to meet four times annually
- Committed to lifelong learning
- Communicates effectively
- Able to work in a group setting
- Willing to share expertise and skills
- Willing to learn
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org