Free and Reduced Meal Application
We are pleased to inform you that Brooklyn Center Schools ISD#286 will be implementing a new provision available to schools participating in the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs. It is called the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) and will begin this fall for the 2022-2023 school year. Through this provision, all students enrolled at BCCS are eligible to receive a healthy breakfast and lunch at school at no charge to your household each day of the 2022-2023 school year.
Our district is eligible to receive additional state and federal funds based on the number of students enrolled who reside in households that meet established federal income guidelines. If you have not already, you still need to complete the Application for Educational Benefits and turn it into your front office by October 17, 2022. A new application must be completed each year and we follow strict guidelines to protect a student's confidentiality. Click here to fill out 2022-2023 the online application!
Other Educational Benefits
- Xcel Energy Assistance
- Transit Assistance Program
- Emergency Broadband Program (EBB)
- Amazon Prime membership discounts
- YMCA membership discounts
- Minnesota Children's Museum All Play membership
- Science Museum of Minnesota
- The Works Museum
- Minnesota Zoo Free to Explore Program
- Assurance Wireless Lifeline Assistance Program
- Children's Theatre Company ACT Pass Program
- Easy Wireless Lifeline Assistance Program
- Internet Essentials Affordable Internet At Home Program
- Minnesota Historical Society Limited Income Program
- Minnesota Lifeline Discount Program
- Minnesota Power Payment Assistance programs
- Q-Link Wireless Lifeline Program
- SafeLink Free Wireless Program
Our district receives a major part of funding from the state based on the number of children who are eligible for Free or Reduced meals, whether or not those children purchase school meals. Filling out this application benefits all students and all areas of our school district, not only food services.
If your family was approved in the 2020-21 school year, you will need to reapply to ensure no disruption of meal benefits for the 2022-203 school year. Please complete and return your application to the school office by October 17, 2022.
Please fill out the one-page application to apply for free or reduced-price meals and return it to the cafeteria lunch clerk or the school’s main office.
- 2022-2023 Free and Reduced Meal Application – English
- Solicitud de Beneficios Educativos - Año escolar 2022-2023
- Click here to fill out the 2022-2023 online application.
NOTE: If at any time during the school year your family income status changes (e.g. laid-off, furlough, government shutdown, seasonal work) you are encouraged to complete an application for educational benefits. Once approved, they are in place for the remainder of the school year, regardless of income status.
Food and Nutrition Clerk
En Español, llame a Stella Sola 763-561-2120 y presione #2010.
Food and Nutrition Services
6500 Humboldt Ave N.
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430