School Bus Safety Information
Families are encouraged to review district behavior and bus stop expectations with their student before the start of the school year:
District Behavior Expectations
- Follow the driver's instructions
- Remain in your seat at all times
- Speak in a quiet voice
- Do not tease or harass others
- Do not fight or be rowdy
- Keep your hands and feet to yourself
- Do not throw objects inside the bus or out the window
- Do not eat or drink on the bus
- Keep the aisle clear
- Do not bring anything dangerous on the bus
Bus Stop Expectations
- Arrive five minutes before the bus is scheduled to come.
- Respect the property around the bus stop.
- If you are crossing the street, watch for a sign from the driver (a hand signal or a nod) that it is OK to cross.
- Cross ten feet in front of the bus where the driver can see you.
- When you get off the bus, move 10 feet away and stay there until the bus driver signals you that it is safe to cross the street.
- Walk in front of the bus, look both ways and, if no cars are moving, cross the street.
Minnesota State Patrol School Bus Brochures
Safety Tips for Grades K-3:
Safety Tips for Grades 4-6:
Additional Safety Information:
Activity Sheet for Students:
Security and Safety Starts with You and Your Child
Minnesota State Patrol School Bus Safety Video - Be Ready For The Ride
Know when to stop for school busses: