The Facilities Committee is a group that is united with a common purpose- to help develop a long-range facilities plan for the school district that is based on shared vision. This group represents the school district and the community.
Von Petersen – Design Lead / Project Manager
Rob Collins – Senior Project Architect
Loretta Haugen – Senior Interior Designer
Darrell Bren – Senior Electrical Engineer
Roger Nikolas – Senior Mechanical Engineer (Secondary)
Steve Tebben – Senior Mechanical Engineer (Earle Brown)
Tadd Holt – Senior Structural Engineer
Marcie Weslock – Civil Engineer (Consultant – Elan Design Lab)
Dr. Carly Baker – Superintendent
Gary Eitel – City of Brooklyn Center
Gail Graiewski-Traxler– Q-Comp District Coordinator
Patrice Howard – Director of Community Schools and Engagement
Josh Fraser – Principal, Brooklyn Center Middle and High Schools STEAM
Cheryl Jechorek – School Board Director
Jim Langevin – Director of Operations
Randy Koch – Principal, Earle Brown Elementary STEAM
Joseph Lampe – Citizen of Brooklyn Center
Jeff Palm – School Board Treasurer
Christina Sampson – BCS Math Teacher
Nan Yurecko – Executive Director of Teaching and Learning
Richard Zeck – Parent
Tara Drey – Communications Specialist
Dan Krekelberg – Citizen of Brooklyn Center
Facilities Committee Charge
- The planning process will recognize the uniqueness and specific needs of the Brooklyn Center Community school district. A genuine, open process is necessary to establish trust and confidence in the outcome.
- The goal of the planning process is to build consensus for a facilities plan that is based on a shared district/community vision and that is mutually beneficial. The best facilities plan will find the right balance of educational benefits for students, financial feasibility, and the values and sentiments of the community.
- There is an interdependent relationship between the school district and the community. Communities depend on a strong school district and the school district depends on strong communities.
- The heart of the planning process is the Facilities Committee.
- The Facilities Committee will represent the school district and a cross section of the community.