Wellness in Brooklyn Center Community Schools
About the Wellness Program in BCCS
Brooklyn Center Community Schools is committed to equipping each student, staff member and community member with the knowledge to contribute to their lifelong personal wellness, by promoting equity, social-emotional development, nutritional education, environmental stewardship, physical activity, and more. We offer a variety of free and low-cost activities and events for staff, students, families and community members to promote and engage in personal and community wellbeing in all dimensions of wellness. We are committed to and embrace the various approaches to thriving health across cultures. Support services include free medical, dental, mental health, and vision resources for youth. Many of the wellness opportunities are supported by the District Wellness Committee and community partnerships.
From mindful movement informational videos to nutrition education and from full-length yoga classes to mindful moments, the BCCS Wellness YouTube channel has almost 50 videos to support your wellbeing skills.
Wellness Policies and Plans
Brooklyn Center Community Schools has adopted school board policy #533. Based on the policy revisions approved in July, 2021, Brooklyn Center Middle and High Schools STEAM, Brooklyn Center Elementary STEAM, and Brooklyn Center Early College Academy have set wellness goals and priorities for their students and staff.
- District Wellness Policy, Revised and Approved 2021 (Current)
- Annual Wellness Policy and Program Implementation Report, 2022
- Annual Wellness Program School Board Presentation, 2022
- Annual Committee Storyboard Report from MN Department of Education and Department of Health. For more information about the CDC1801 grant through MDE please see the Projects With Partners web page.
- Click here to view the 2022-23 Wellness Action Plan for Brooklyn Center Early College Academy (ECA)
- Click here to view the 2022-23 Wellness Action Plan for Brooklyn Center Elementary STEAM School (BCE)
- Click here to view the 2022-23 Wellness Action Plan for Brooklyn Center Middle and High School STEAM (BCS)