Wellness in Brooklyn Center Community Schools
About the Wellness Program in BCCS
Brooklyn Center Community Schools is committed to equipping each student, staff member and community member with the knowledge to contribute to their lifelong personal wellness, by promoting equity, social-emotional development, nutritional education, environmental stewardship, physical activity, and more. We offer a variety of free and low-cost activities and events for staff, students, families and community members to promote and engage in personal and community wellbeing in all dimensions of wellness. We are committed to and embrace the various approaches to thriving health across cultures.
Support services through our Health Resource Center also include free medical, dental, mental health, and vision resources for youth.
Watch the School Connectedness video from the CDC, highlighting BCCS! From mindful movement informational videos to nutrition education and from full-length yoga classes to mindful moments, the BCCS Wellness YouTube channel has almost 50 videos to support your wellbeing skills.
Wellness Policies and Plans
Brooklyn Center Community Schools has adopted school board policy #533. Based on the policy revisions approved in July, 2021, Brooklyn Center Middle and High Schools STEAM, Brooklyn Center Elementary STEAM, and Brooklyn Center Early College Academy have set wellness goals and priorities for their students and staff.
- District Wellness Policy, Revised and Approved 2021 (Current)
- Annual Wellness Policy and Program Implementation Report, 2022
- Annual Wellness Program School Board Presentation, 2022
- Annual Wellness Committee Storyboard Evaluation for 2021-22 from the MN Department of Education and the Department of Health. The report includes English, Spanish and Hmong languages. For more information about the CDC1801 grant through MDE please see the Projects With Partners web page.
- Click here to view the 2022-23 Wellness Action Plan for Brooklyn Center Early College Academy (ECA)
- Click here to view the 2022-23 Wellness Action Plan for Brooklyn Center Elementary STEAM School (BCE)
- Click here to view the 2022-23 Wellness Action Plan for Brooklyn Center Middle and High School STEAM (BCS)
- This infographic offers tips for school staff for implementing Wellness Policy content