Why Choose BCCS?
Welcome to Brooklyn Center Community Schools
Brooklyn Center Community Schools is a small suburban district located on the northwest border of Minneapolis. We pride ourselves in providing excellent academic programs to a diverse student population from preschool through graduation. Brooklyn Center Community Schools is known for their caring community feel in each school and for celebrating the diversity of our students. We are preparing students in a changing community for a changing world. Using our strategic plan as a road-map, we ensure students are academically and socially prepared to excel in a changing world. One of our greatest strengths to achieve our goals is the diversity of our students.
What makes us special?
- The Community Schools model ensures students succeed in school and in life
- School-based Health Resource Center
- Resources for families at each of our buildings
- All day and part day preschool classes to ensure students are ready for kindergarten success
- PreK-grade 3 special focus on literacy skills
- Over 100 active partnerships that support learning
- Continuum of special services to supplement academic and social skill development
To equip every student with the knowledge, life skills, and global perspectives to contribute to society and respond to the needs of an ever-changing world.
We are Minnesota’s first full service community school district. Community Schools integrate education, enrichment, wellness, and support to ensure that:
• Children enter school ready to learn
• Students succeed academically
• Students are actively involved in learning and the community
• Students are healthy physically, socially and emotionally Our integrated focus on academics, health and social services, youth development, and community and family engagement leads to improved student learning, stronger families and healthier communities.
STEAM Magnet Program
Every student in our district receives STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and math) education through a magnet program model. We implemented Project Lead the Way curriculum beginning in the 2017-2018 school year. Starting in kindergarten, students learn how to code. High school students have experiences in the biomedical field, including how to analyze a crime scene. STEAM education incorporates the “A” for the arts – recognizing that to be successful in technical fields, individuals must also be creative and use critical thinking skills which are best developed through exposure to the arts.
Earle Brown Elementary (Grades PreK-5)
Our staff is dedicated to developing our youngest learners into global citizens.
Brooklyn Center STEAM (Grades 6-12)
BCS offers an innovative and comprehensive education where arts, academics, and global perspectives share center stage. Students are encouraged to become balanced learners who think critically, communicate effectively in different languages and artistic medium, and act responsibly in their local and global communities. The Comprehensive Arts Program includes opportunities for students to achieve excellence in visual, performing, literary and media arts. Students produce, share and display their original artwork and performances in the school and community.
Brooklyn Center Early College Academy (Grades 9-12)
The ECA serves non-traditional students in grades 9-12. Staff customize the experience for each student in a tight-knit and connected learning community. Students learn the core content areas of math, science, social studies and language arts. Additional classes offered include work-based learning, teen parenting, business courses and a large variety of online courses. Students are encouraged to enroll in college courses while at the ECA. Staff help students prepare and plan for life after high school.